Class presentations and lecture materials including PDFs of PowerPoint presentations given in class and audio recordings of lectures by Dr. John C. Huntington.
Includes downloadable PDF's of articles and links to web publications
Dictionary of Buddhist Terms
Definitions of Buddhist terms taken from the glossary of: The Circle of Bliss:
Buddhist Meditational Art
by John C. Huntington and Dina Bangdel.
Huntington, John C. and Dina Bangdel, with a forward by Robert A. F. Thurman.
The Circle of Bliss: Buddhist Meditational Art.
Chicago: Serindia Publications, 2003.
Maps of AsiaDetailed Maps
Neolithic & Chalcolithic India
Early South Asia
Near & Middle East
Map of Asia
Map of Regions Documented in the Huntington Archive
This section contain computer graphic drawings produced by Professor John C. Huntington, as part of his on-going research on Buddhist art and religion.
PDF detailing proper procedures for photographing objects and structures to be used as documentation for research purposes.
The purpose of this section is:
- to provide public access to visual materials that have been lost or stolen from their place of origin or museum collections.
- to help prevent the perpetuation of art theft throughout Asia by providing collectors, art dealers, and museum curators with visual references to works of art that are know or believed to have been stolen.
- to increase awareness about the growing problem of art theft throughout Asia.
Asa Saphu Index
- An Excel spreadsheet of the Database Index.
- This PDF includes the actual data cards for Part 2 of the 1500+ missing manuscripts.